28 June 2012

Holly's Barb's Granola


Holly’s Barb’s Granola
This is not barb’s granola. Hers is EXELLENT, but somewhere along the way I lost the paper copy of the recipe (overzealous spouse cleaning the kitchen, I suspect). This is what I REMEMBER of barb’s recipe with a couple of my own additions….

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

¼ cup canola oil
½ cup honey
3 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
couple shakes cinnamon

whisk these together in a pan set on a medium low heat till blended.

3 cups oatmeal
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup oat bran
1 cup pumpkin seeds
¾ cup sesame seeds
¾  cup golden flax seeds
¾  cup  sunflower seeds
1 cup raw nuts (almond or walnut or cashew or whatever)

mix these together and then mix in the warm oil/honey mixture. Spread in big roasting pan and bake for 45 minutes (the original recipe said 1 hour, but that was too long for my oven), stirring every 15 minutes. When cool, sprinkle in a cup or 2 of dried fruit.

2 comments:

Liz said...

thank you holly!!

Barb Fernald said...

I think yours would be excellent too! I can't see anything you left out. Good memory. I think I will try flax seeds in my next batch. Great idea.
xoxo