06 February 2010

i re-"fuse" to be a quitter

ta da!at about 1 o'clock this morning, i finally got it! the small rings are 16gauge fine silver wire and that gigantor is 10 gauge (i'm currently wearing it as a ring on my thumb). someone online described the moment when the 2 ends fuse as "a flash". i'd describe it more like "uh oh! that ring looks like it might be melting!" what will i be doing with these freshly fused rings? i don't know, exactly, but the little ones look like earring elements to me. the big one? i think i'll hammer on it with my ball-peen hammer some more and see if it wants to be part of a necklace......

1 comment:

Barb Fernald said...

Excellent! i'll keep trying. I figured I would fit some jump rings in place before firing the PMC. Umm...still working on that part!
Glad to hear of your fusing success! Congratulations!