18 May 2012

coincidence

it seems that my friend, barb, and i are following parallel paths. i opened her blog this morning to see that she has been experimenting with scratch-art scratch-foam soft surface printing board (horrible name...who did marketing for this product?). well, guess what? so have i! i'm considering using it as a potential texture surface for a workshop i hope to be teaching this fall. this is one of the example pieces i made to put in the workshop proposal document.


                                 

so, about this material.....i was caught off guard by the texture of the styrofoam itself. somewhere along the line i forgot it wasn't totally smooth, so when i pulled the pmc off the styrofoam it had a strange bumpy look to it. turns out the bumpy surface holds the liver of sulphur patina really nicely. i'd like to try something with a more densely packed drawn texture....lots of potential here.....

4 comments:

Barb Fernald said...

Love the dots against the oxidized background. I know what you mean about the texture of the styrofoam. I kind of liked it. It was a nice surprise that it wasn't real smooth. Like a deeper simpler version of tear-away.
I love everything about this necklace!!
You're hired...with a raise from our original proposal!

holly said...

i don't know where my brain is, but "hired"? "original proposal"? are you going to hire me to be your personal tea-maker? and there will be a raise? i'll take coffee in payment!

Barb Fernald said...

I was pretending to be the workshop people deciding to hire you based on this beautiful necklace. (I know, kind of lame humor!)

Barb Fernald said...

I think you will come over for coffee sometime this summer!