28 October 2010

imagine that... a post about jewelry!

today the pmc guild annual (exceptional work in metal clay - 2010) arrived in my mailbox. i was honored to have 3 pieces selected for publication... (available soon at amazon!)







it made me think about what i might submit for next year's annual...and what i realized is that i currently have NOTHING to submit, although i have recently hit that state where every loose thought in my mind is a new idea for a piece of jewelry. i wake up with ideas, i pull over on the highway to draw ideas in my sketchbook, new ideas pop in my head when i'm cooking dinner....i suppose it just took this bit of a dry spell to get things flowing...
now to find studio time.....

4 comments:

Marly Penner said...

Wow! Congratulations, Holly! You're work is truly beautiful! I heard Barb's work was included too, so I just renewed our lapsed membership (oops!) to the PMC guild so we can get our own copy and admire our
famous friends' work!!! Very exciting!

Barb Fernald said...

Congratulations Holly! Where's my annual??? Oh. I just remembered that Maine is at the end of the mail route for some reason.
I love seeing these pieces of yours. Especially the 6th place one from the SBDA! You were robbed!
xoxo

holly kellogg said...

barb, your mail always comes a day after mine....it's a great book and i noticed i AM the only contributor with wrinkly gray fabric as a backdrop! those pics must have been pre-cool camera and light tent and value scale background! better pics next time!
marly...the fame is killing me-you can't even imagine what it's like to BE ME!!!!!! all the autographs and people asking for my picture...!!! (har har)

Dkellogg said...

Proud