28 January 2009

some more knitting!


i made this sweater for val for xmas...the yarn is "peruvia" by berroco...the pattern is adapted from an interweave pattern from the magazine a few years ago...it took me almost a year (off and on) because, honestly, i don't really like workong with patterns i have to pay attention to...counting purls and knits...ugh.

and this one has that same basketweave pattern, but just at the cuffs and waist...much more enjoyable (and faster!) to make...this yarn was a hand-me-down in my stash from probably 10 years ago...the label said it was from some little farm in vermont...it's alittle rough, and has some bits of hay twisted into the yarn, which kind of amuses me....

maybe when the weather (and my studio) warms up a bit i'll actually have some JEWELRY to show....

1 comment:

Barb Fernald said...

Nice knitting! Seeing your new photos and blog entries got me to finally add something to my blog. Thanks for the inspiration to keep current. xo